Have some time to spare before the Passover seder and want to keep everyone busy? Hanging out after 4 glasses of wine and want to do something silly? Want to get in the mood for Passover early? Here’s a skit that you can have some fun with. If there are lots of people present, you can divide into groups and have a skit contest!
The script for your scene must include the following:
- A Passover seder
- An important thing which is missing
- Something that gets spilled
- A scream from offstage
- A reference to a time of day (or night)
- A moment when nobody speaks
- A family secret
- Anything else wonderful and zany that you come up with!
Some things that might help you write an especially entertaining scene:
- Choose an unusual time for your scene (e.g., 2:30 AM, or 100 years in the future, or on somebody’s birthday).
- Choose an unusual setting for your scene (e.g., a hospital ward, an airplane, a Hawaiian island).
- Choose characters who have interesting relationships between them (e.g., rebellious child and traditional grandmother; musical wife and tone-deaf husband, etc.)